PRACTICE TERMS & CONDITIONS
48 HOUR CANCELLATION AND RESCHEDULE POLICY
To ensure that we can continue to provide the highest level of service and care for all our clients, if you are unable to keep your appointment or wish to cancel, please call the Queen’s Gate Dental Practice on 020 7373 6899 at least 48 hours in advance of your appointment. The London Facial Care reserves the right to charge a £60 administration fee for cancelled consultations with less than 48 hours’ notice, or for missed consultations.
WEBSITE TERM & CONDITIONS
The term ‘The London Facial Care’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 8 Charles Harrod Court, 2 Somerville Avenue, Barnes SW13 8HH. Our company registration number is 07655024. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
POLICY ON CHILDREN
At The London Facial Care we regret that we are unable to allow children to remain unaccompanied in the reception area. Our Front of House staff are neither trained nor insured to look after children, and we respectfully ask our clients to refrain from asking our receptionist to watch their children during treatments. For safety reasons, children are not allowed in the treatment rooms at any time.
POLICY ON PETS
We regret that we are unable to allow pets in the practice for hygiene reasons.
COMPLAINT POLICY SUMMARY
The London Facial Care aims to provide all Patients with the highest standard of care and customer service. If we fail to achieve this, we listen carefully and respond to complaints swiftly, acknowledging any mistakes and rectifying them so that we can make improvements to our service.
The full complaints policy is made available to Patients, their affected relative(s) or a representative when they first raise concerns about any aspect of the service they have received.
Responses at all stages are made quickly:
- A member of staff will telephone the Patient on the same day that we are made aware of the complaint
- A full reply can be sent within 5 working days
- A detailed written response will be sent within 20 working days
- Where there are delays and the investigation is still in progress, a letter will be sent explaining the reason for the delay to the Patient every 20 days (minimum)
The London Facial Care has a 3 stage process for handling complaints:
Stage 1: Local Resolution (Clinic Manager)
All complaints should be raised directly with the Clinic Manager in the first instance and should be made as soon as possible / within 6 months of the date of the event complained about; or as soon as the matter first came to the attention of the complainant.
The Patient will be given a copy of our complaints procedure and invited to attend a face to face meeting with the Clinic Manager and other relevant parties to talk through their concerns and to try and resolve the issue at an early stage.
The Clinic Manager will go through a thorough process of investigation to include reviewing the case in detail and taking statements from all staff members / doctors concerned. The Clinic Manager responds directly to the person who has made the complaint whether the complaint was made verbally, by letter, text or email, however we do not respond to complainants via email.
Stage 2: Complaint Review
Patients who remain dissatisfied with the outcome of stage 1 may request in writing within 6 months to have their complaint moved to stage 2 where the handling of the complaint will be reviewed by Dr Mahesh Patel, who has not been involved with the complaint at stage.
Dr. Patel will interview staff concerned and review all documentation to form an independent view of the handling of the complaint. Dr. Mahesh Patel will respond directly to the Patient either upholding or not upholding the complaint. Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
Stage 3: Non-Surgical Patients (Operations Director)
Patients who remain dissatisfied with the outcome of the complaint handling review at stage 2 can make a request in writing within 6 months to:
The Dental Complaints Service, The Lansdowne Building, 2 Lansdowne Road, Croydon, CR9 2ER (Tel: 08456120540) for complaints about private treatment.
The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ (Tel: 08452224141). This is the regulatory body for complaints about professional misconduct.
ONLINE CONSULTATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- TheLondonFacialCare deliver the online consultation service ( That we will call ” The Service”) through the website and Zoom video conference platform or any video support selected by TheLondonFacialCare
- The online consultation is available to individuals on a pay-per-consultation basis
- The service is not conceived or intended in any way to replace the service provided in a face to face consultation with Dr Fern Jean-Joseph at the practice
- The Online consultation doesn’t provide any emergency services for severe medical conditions.
- The service is only available for use by individuals as patient and you have no right to use the service or the website for any commercial, business or resale purpose
Eligibility to use the service
- Only independent adults over the age of 18 years old are entitled to use the service. The service may, however, be used by adults to obtain medical advise in respect of their children under the age of 18. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied in any session by their parents or legal guardian
- TheLondonFacialCare practise in accordance with the healthcare regulations and guidelines applicable to medical practitioners in the united Kingdom . You may book and attend an appointment via the service from anywhere in the world. TheLondonFacialCare doesn’t take any responsibility for differences between healthcare regulations and variations in different countries.
Accessing the service
- While every effort is made to avoid interruptions or unavailability with strict performance, security and quality controls and monitoring in place, we are unable to guarantee that the Service, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Interruptions may be required for scheduled maintenance work or may be beyond our reasonable control. We shall endeavour to schedule routine maintenance work for times when Dr Fern Jean-Joseph is least likely to require access.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Service.
- Any medical information given on the website whether expressly stated or implied, is for information purposes only. The information is provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind by TheLondonFacialCare
- You agree that any information you provide when using the Service is true and accurate, is not misleading and is provided in good faith.
Making an appointment
- You may book an appointment with Dr Fern Jean-Joseph via the website. The appointment will take place by video conference through the Zoom video conference system or any video support selected by TheLondonFacialCare
- When booking your appointment you will be required to short details about your appointment and select a time slot in which you would like to attend your appointment. All appointment times reflect the London Time zone.
- Upon accepting your appointment request, TheLondonFacialCare will send confirmation by email to the email address provided at the time of booking details of your appointment.
- You will also being requested to fill a medical questionnaire with pictures to send back to firstname.lastname@example.org to help Dr Fern Jean-Joseph to assess your case more precisely.
- We do not guarantee that the Service will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your equipment ( computer, laptop, netbook, tablet or other mobile device ) meets the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the Service. You should use and maintain your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse the Service by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Service, the server on which the service is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Service. You must not attack the Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision you would commit a criminal offence under the computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Service will cease immediately .
Payment of the service
- You may use the Service on a pay-per-appointment basis
- You are required to make payments for the service directly to TheLondonFacialCare Through Queen’s gate Dental practice
- The price exclude :
- VAT, where applicable, and unless otherwise stated; and :
- Reasonable credit card and other processing fees, where these fees are incurred by us.
- You shall be required to pay the cost of each appointment as set out on the website, which may vary from time to time. Payments for all appointments must be made in advance to TheLondonFacialcare by credit card or debit card through Queen’s Gate Dental Practice. Queen’s gate Dental Practice accepts most major credit and debit card
Amending and cancelling appointments
- You may cancel an appointment at any time up to 48 hours prior to the time at which your appointment is due to begin and you will receive a full refund of any session fees which you have paid.
- If you cancel within 48 hours of the Appointment or once the Appointment has begun, no refund shall be payable and TheLondonFacialCare reserves the right to restrict future Appointments or to prevent further access to the Service.
- If you are late for an appointment by more than 10 minutes,. TheLondonFacialCare reserves the right to either cancel or to continue with the Appointment. In the case of cancellation, no refund shall be payable and you shall be asked to schedule another Appointment.
- To cancel your appointment , you must send an email to email@example.com or call the practice Queen’s Gate Dental Practice minimum 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- If you are not able to attend the Appointment because the Service is unavailable due to a technical fault caused by TheLondonFacialCare, then TheLondonFacialCare may offer you a refund.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your equipment ( computer, laptop, netbook, tablet or other mobile device ) meets the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the Service. Any failure by you to attend an Appointment because your equipment does not meet the necessary technical specifications will not lead to TheLondonFacialCare providing you with a refund .
- If a refund is payable, TheLondonFacialCare through Queen’s Gate Dental Practice will usually make a refund to you using the same method used by you to pay the appointment, unless agreed otherwise.
Our cancellation rights
- TheLondonFacialCare may have to cancel an Appointment due to an event outside our control or the unavailability of Dr Fern Jean-Joseph or keys materials without which TheLondonFacialCare cannot provide the Service. TheLondonFacialCare will promptly notify you in the event of such cancellation.
- If you have to cancel an Appointment under paragraph(1) and you have made any payment in advance, we shall refund the fees paid by you, unless agreed otherwise in case another Appointment is booked
- No refunds shall be payable in the event that any service that you have requested cannot be provided due to your own absence ( including, without limitation, for a scheduled Session), negligence, failure to provide requested information or other relevant error.
TheLondonFacialCare team members
- Dr Fern Jean-Joseph is registered with the General Dental Council, and undergo regular appraisals under the mandatory reviews for UK practising clinicians and have received training in non surgical aesthetic procedures skills and virtual consultation.
- A virtual Session with Dr Fern Jean-Joseph may not always be sufficient for your needs and is unlikely to be appropriate or sufficient in cases (a) of emergency, (b) where a physical examination is likely to be required, or (c) where physical intervention is likely to be required.
- Dr Fern Jean-Joseph has committed :
- To provide a professional and transparent service that complies with The General Dental Council Guidelines on remote prescribing, essential standards of quality and safety as interpreted by the CQC and clinical best practice in the UK;
- To prescribe medicines only when in Dr Fern Jean-Joseph professional judgment it is in the Patient’s best interests to receive the medicine being requested and , accordingly , to refuse to prescribe medicines when she believes it is not in the Patient’s best interests to receive medicines without the benefits of a face to face consultation ; and
- To take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of Patients
- The information and advice provided by Dr Fern Jean-Joseph during a Session is based on the information you have supplied to TheLondonFacialCare and Dr Fern Jean-Joseph. It is your responsibility to ensure this information is correct and complete and you accept that failure to do so ( whether intentionally or not ) may affect the information and advice Dr Fern Jean-Joseph gives to you and , as such, may have consequences for which we are not responsible.
- If you do not fully understand any Advice or information given during your Session, it is your responsibly to raise this during your Session and Dr Fern Jean-Joseph
- Sessions are subject to Dr Fern Jean-Joseph availability . When you book an Appointment we shall use reasonable efforts to offer a Session at the time requested but we can give no guarantee that an Appointment will be available within a particular time frame. TheLondonFacialCare cannot guarantee the availability of Dr Fern Jean-Joseph
- You acknowledge that while TheLondonFacialCare takes all reasonable precautions, due to the nature of electronic communications the security of a remote interaction cannot be guaranteed.
- You understand and agree that Sessions are limited in duration to the time booked for the appointment.
- Following a Session, you are in any doubt, or have any concerns regarding any advice you have received, or regarding your health, wellbeing or any conditions, you are responsible for seeking further medical advice from your GP or suitable healthcare professional not affiliated to TheLondonFacialCare
- Dr Fern Jean-Joseph may issue prescriptions for medicines only when in her professional judgment it is in your best interests to receive the medicine in accordance with General dental Council Guidelines on remote prescribing and essential standards of quality and safety as interpreted by the CQC. Dr Fern Jean-Joseph may refuse to prescribe medicines when she believes it is not in your best interest to receive medicines without the benefit of a face-to-face consultation. TheLondonFacialCare strongly advises you to share information with your GP about prescriptions you receive.
- You agree that you will comply with any instructions given in relation to any Prescription Products provided by you, including , in particular, timing and dosages and you will promptly report any side effects of any prescription to a TheLondonFacialCare Team Member. You agree that you will not permit any other person access to your Prescription Products
- TheLondonFacialCare do not exclude its liability for Personal injury caused by our negligence or negligence of Dr Fern Jean-Joseph
- The Service is not suitable for managing a medical emergency or severe condition, any condition that should reasonably require face to face analysis, diagnosis or treatment or for sourcing any product or service urgently.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data but subject to that and to TheLondonFacialCare’s legal obligations as a data controller, TheLondonFacialCare is not responsible for any data loss or unauthorised access by other persons, whether a result of unauthorised access, misaddress, technical failure, technical interference, negligence or otherwise.
- TheLondonFacialCare provides the Service for domestic and private use only. We have no liability to you for any:
- Loss of profit
- Loss of business
- Business interruption; or
- Loss of business opportunity
When you use the website or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically . You consent to receive communications from us electronically . We will communicate with you by e-mail . You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing
Complaints and disputes
Please refer to Practice Terms and Conditions